For personal brands, time management is critical. Nothing shows your brand in a poorer light than being someone who’s always late, who’s never on time, and who doesn’t meet required deadlines. Who will want to continue working with you if you manage your time so poorly?
Time management is essential, even in the online world. There are just no excuses to being late, especially when it comes to business. People’s time equals money, and you will be taking a lot of time and money if you always make people wait for you. Even if you live in a different time zone, it’s important that you coordinate with others as well to ensure that meetings and conversations go smoothly.
As a growing personal brand, your schedule may be quite hectic. You have your life, your job, your social media accounts, your emails, your website, your blogs, and so on. You’ll also have interviews, meetings, and conferences in the course of your professional life, and most of them may not even be in the same time zone as yours.
There will be days when managing your schedule can be quite overwhelming, and you really don’t know how to finish all the things you need to do. So how do you manage it all?
Time management is the key. And there are many tools that can help you with it.
Time and Date: http://www.timeanddate.com/
Time and Date is an excellent tool that really helps you manage your schedule, meetings, and events. It has a wide array of features that include:
• Calendar – Make sure you never miss a meeting by making use of the calendar. Include events, meetings, holidays, family trips, and so on, so you can assure that you always know what you have scheduled.
• World Clock/Time Zones – If you keep missing meetings due to the difference in time zones, then these features will definitely help you never be late to a meeting again.
• Weather – Planning a trip? Then make sure to check the weather at the place where you’re going first. It would be silly after all to pack summer clothes when you’re going to a place where it’s snowing and the temperature is negative Celsius.
There are many other features that this site offers in order to help you give your personal brand timely first impressions.
Doodle is another site that helps you manage your personal and business life. It has a slew of features that include:
• Connect calendars – This allows you to connect your calendar so you can start and answer requests for meetings. It integrates with different calendar systems such as Google, Outlook, Lotus and a lot more, so you don’t have to input your schedules all over again.
• MeetMe – You can create your own MeetMe page where people can see when you’re available so they can submit requests for meetings on your calendar. You can simply send people the link to your page and they can propose meeting requests on your available date and time.
These are just two of the free features that Doodle offers. They also have Doodle mobile, Doodle in Google Apps, and a Premium Doodle accounts for additional functions and theme possibilities.
Agree a Date: http://www.agreeadate.com/
If you’re looking to schedule meetings, events, and conference calls, consider using Agree a Date. Using this site helps you avoid the hassle of having to call or email people in order to find out what dates and times they are available for scheduling a meeting or event. With Agree a Date, you can choose specific date and time options for the meeting, and you’ll be given a special link that you can share with people who will fill out a quick form so you know when they are available. People get to see the time in their own time zones, so it’s easy to schedule your meeting at a time when they’re free.
Afterwards, you will be able to see a grid that shows the status of each person for the proposed date and time slots. This helps you decide which will be the best schedule for the meeting, and really removes the stress of having to call, text or email everyone just to figure out when they’re all available.
Meeting Wizard: http://www.meetingwizard.com/
Meeting Wizard offers you another online scheduling solution. It’s incredibly easy to use because there are no downloads required, so it’s simple to set up and schedule a meeting. The site guides you step by step to setting up the date and time of your meeting or proposing certain dates and times, even up to viewing the results and confirming the event. Everything is quick and neat, removing a lot of hassle in scheduling meetings.
Maria Elena Duron, CEO (chief engagement officer), buzz2bucks | a word of mouth marketing firm, is skilled at making networks “work” and harnessing powerful online and offline buzz, she facilitates online visibility services and word of mouth coaching and workshops – taking companies and professionals from buzz-worthy to bucks-worthy.